Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back in the Game

I got a phone call this morning from the Pima County Prosecuting Attourney's office. Fun fun. No, it was not about my rapant avacado eating binge. About 2 months ago a kid spray painted a wall beside our property and I called the cops. What really trips me out is that when they picked him up, the young man confessed and was carted home to his parents for a little wrist slapping. Today the attourney's office called me because this young man was involved in more serious gang related crime and they wanted to know anything that I had seen or could possibly guess from the tagging incident.

Wow.

I hesitate the pull the "Government Should do More" card because I think it is way over used. That being said, could the governemnt have done more? I just feel so saddened that the consequences for the small stuff weren't serious enough to keep this kid from doing bigger stuff. It makes me worry about the world a little more. I suppose I know that the last days are coming, and all. Yet I wonder if there is something more I could do to fend off the dark tides before the end of the world as we know it.

So, I put the Sherrif's department on speed dail.

2 comments:

Nephic said...

First off, you need to read my blog more, next you need to comment more, then you need to not worry so much and move to Wyoming and you could worry about wolves and bears and forget all about the juveniles.

Trish Olsen said...

Hahahaha wow i thought i was the only one with the sheriffs deapartment on my speed dial but i also have a good reason casue my hubbys is cop that responds to calls like yours LOL